As Australia’s Premier Manufacturer of proven protective transit solutions, Form Cut has leveraged years of Packaging Design and Engineering support to develop our Damage Minimisation Initiative DMI with the specific intent to achieve positive outcomes of SRP.
DMI is our solution for Defence in achieving reduced physical damage to deployable and warehouse stored defence materiel Through-Life of Type. The DMI process identifies the potential flow-on effects from damage, targeting reduction and frequency of such assets being added to the broken equipment inventory. DMI Analysis rapidly defines the project requirements, enabling the effective interpretation of Engineering Standards, such as DEF(AUST)1000C, Part 9, Section 5, Reusable Containers.
DMI is affordable and fosters collaboration, creating a complete story of an asset’s life as is moves across the supply chain. DMI then merges the protection story, powerfully identifying new opportunities for eliminating duplication, creating a practical, timely, relevant Through-Life path for the asset.
- Provide more serviceable assets in the field at any one time.
- Increase the available dollars for other more pressing equipment and program needs under SRP.
- Minimise physical damage to defence assets.
- Eliminate duplicated NRE Costs.
(Non Recurring Engineering Costs)
- Reduce warehouse and caching footprint.
- Reduce inventory of damaged assets.
- Reduce additional warehouse staff and costs required to monitor damaged assets.
- Decrease storage requirement.
Example and Case Study:
Produced for BAE Systems Australia Limited – Periscope Division. Engineered to deliver superior transit protection for test and verification equipment. This DEF(AUST)1000C, Part 9, Section 5 compliant solution best demonstrates our superior design capability and unique material selection of PEPAK FRAS foam for case inserts, with identification markings.